Saturday, September 6, 2014

2 month milestone

We made it 2 months with this blastomycosis diagnosis. I can't believe it has been 2 months .. but mostly I cannot believe how well my puppy is doing. If you didn't know she was sick was ever sick you would not know that she was ever hanging by a thread 8 weekends ago. She eats like a champ every meal with no special food, she has played/tugged with every toy she owns, and is loving wrestling with anyone who will play with her. She's back to going to doggie daycare 1-2x a week and today we even went to her training class (where she excelled yet again!). We go back to the vet in ~2 weeks and I'll update more then with the game plan to start monitoring her antigen #'s to get her off the meds!

Thank you all for the crossed paws and dew claws -- we needed all of them!





2 comments:

  1. Do you beautiful dog get back eyesight in both eyes? My dog is suffering in both eyes and she is fighting so hard but wish I could hear success story about eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mollie - I'm so sorry to hear about your Rosie girl. It's been 7 years and I still have major PTSD about this whole experience and my sweet Xena is doing great.

    For her, it was only 1 eye that was affected. Her retina actual detacted from the swelling and the pressure early on in the process (and once that happens there no sight return possible, they confirmed this once with an orbital ultrasound when she was more stable and out of the thick of the treatment course). They were very adament that we'd have to remove her blind eye for her to heal and rid her body of the fungus entirely -- but she overcame it and and still has her eye - although without sight.

    thinking of you and your dogs massively right now! feel free to find me on social media as well as i'd love to see pictures of your girls! @chels_rosner on IG // Chelsea Rosner on FB.

    ReplyDelete